For some of us a difficult and non-transparent topic. Most people within your company probably think it's just delaying operational processes and costs a lot of money.
But reality is you need to adhere to national customs regulations. And there's more. It's not only about customs regulations.
Your company needs to be compliant. You or your company need to operate in accordance to the actual legislations and run due diligance.
All very general terms so what does it mean? In real life you will face questions like:
- Can I receive these goods in my warehouse? Do I have the proper customs licenses in place?
- Do I need to be an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO). And if yes, what type of AEO?
- Should I use a customs broker to file my shipments to the customs authorities or is it maybe best to do this myself?
- How do I get in touch with the proper goverment agencies?
- Can I ship these goods to a particular entity? Are they not a denied party?
- Do I need specific documentation for export purposes but also for import purposes?
- Can I benefit of Free Trade Agreements in place?
- And so much more...
All maybe difficult questions and where to start. Contact us and we're more than happy to assist you and your business!
It doesn't have to be that complicated!